Welcome to The School of the Examined Life!
Beginning January 31st, 2015, we are offering an exciting new 4 WEEK ONLINE COURSE:
Exploring Heartbreak Through Film
Loss is inherent in living, and love is a requisite for loss
Heartbreak can be our initiator to greater self-understanding, consciousness and freedom
Heartbreak Course Dates
January 31st – February 28th, 2015
1. This course is designed to be taken on your computer, laptop, tablet device and/or cell phone.
2. You will receive a “Get Started” Email on Friday morning, the day before the course begins.
3. There are no attendance requirements. You can start the course and participate at times that work for you.
4. Each Saturday morning for 4 weeks, you will receive an email with a link to a film we will be watching that week. All films are available on either Amazon Instant Video or Netflix streaming.
5. Each Monday after you receive the film, you will receive an email with a personal video from me about the film.
6. You will receive daily emails from me, Monday – Friday for the 4 weeks, with suggested activities and resources to support your exploration of the themes of each weekly film, such as: quotes, downloadable graphics, video clips, links to articles, and writing prompts.
You Will Also Receive:
1. The Marla Estes Guide to Conscious Film Watching, which will help you get the most out of the films we are watching for this course.
2. Membership in a Secret Heartbreak Facebook Group, where you can share and discuss your experiences with this topic and the films. Marla Estes will be available to moderate and provide additional support and insight for these discussions during the course.
3. Marla Estes will also be available to answer any questions by email during the course.
4. The course material will be available for you to access at any time after you complete the course.
5. A reading list of relevant books and films.
This course is not intended to be bereavement support or grief counseling. It is especially not for people who have experienced a very recent and/or traumatic loss or death. Our intent is that this course will be a comfortable, relaxed and openly exploratory experience.
For more information, Contact Us.
(After paying the class fee, you will receive a Welcome Email from us within one or two days — with further instructions for course participation.)